Soft boiled eggs marinated in a Chinese Five Spice soy vinegar broth. Delicious, easy to make and great as a side dish. Only takes 6 ingredients!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Marinating Time: 6 hours
- 3 Conestoga Farms Free Run Omega-3 Eggs
- ¼ + 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp rice vinegar
- Bring your eggs to room temperature by soaking them in warm water. Then in a pot of hot boiling water, gently lower your eggs one by one. Boil them for 6 minutes over high heat.
- In the meantime, prepare an ice bath for your eggs. Once the eggs are cooked, remove and transfer to ice bath. Crack and peel your eggs. Place them in a small resealable container.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your marinade ingredients in a small pot. Bring it to boil and then simmer for 5 minutes uncovered. Allow this broth to cool down until it is cool to touch to prevent your eggs from cooking further.
- Pour the cool broth over your eggs. Seal and store in the fridge to marinate for 6 hours for best flavour.
- When ready to serve, slice them in half and enjoy!