Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Makes 6 pickled eggs | Keeps for up to 1 month
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- A few allspice berries
- 1/2 tbsp peppercorns
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 6 Conestoga Farms Free Run Hard Boiled and Peeled Eggs
- 1 cooked beet, cut in half or quarters
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp anise or fennel seeds
- sliced chilli pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped
- 1 tsp dried herbs such as thyme or dill
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt, allspice, peppercorns, mustard seeds and any other optional add-in dried spices to a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow the brine to come to room temperature.
- Place your hard-boiled and peeled eggs into a sterilized Mason jar along with cut beets and any fresh options add-ins like garlic or fresh herbs.
- Pour the cooled brine over the eggs, seal and let eggs pickle for at least a day before eating.