Jumbo eggs, jumbo flavour! That’s how we feel, and what we taste, when we prepare these Spinach and Crème Fraiche Coddled Eggs, made with fresh, locally-laid Conestoga Farms Organic Eggs. Garnish with green onions & chilli flakes, if desired, and serve with toasted sourdough bread. Mmmm, egg-cellence!
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter + extra for buttering ramekins
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 4 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 4 Conestoga Farms Organic Free Range & Organic Fed (Jumbo)
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Dry chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly butter four 1 cup oven proof ramekins.
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and shallots. Cook stirring occasionally until shallots have softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes until stock has reduced by half.
- Add the crème fraîche and stir until brought to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add spinach to the cream mixture and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer until spinach has slightly wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Divide mixture amongst the 4 buttered ramekins and crack an egg in each of the centre of the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a roasting pan and fill with enough hot water to come halfway up of the ramekins.